Thursday, October 9, 2008

AHHH What was that?!?

She said:
Last night we escaped the resort and searched the local markets for some flavors known only to this region. As we gingerly wander into a busy market place, we suddenly don't feel as brave as we thought. Carts with hanging carcasses and pans filled with messy, sloppy who knows what. The locals all cruised up on their motorbikes, order up with their helmets still perched on their head, and zoom off into the heavy traffic circling the market place. Needless to say we were overwhelmed and quickly left to find a restaurant that might be a little less "authentic." Nestled on the highway was a big restaurant with romantic lighting and a menu that seemed a little easier to tackle. We order some Nasai Goreng and Lumpia Goreng, the national dishes of fried rice and spring rolls and enjoy a peaceful dinner.... Until. I look over my right shoulder to catch a glimpse of some kind of bird swirling through the restaurant, "Ahhhh, What was that?!?" Josh calmly looks up from his pile of fried noodles and goes, "A bir- oh no actually, that's a bat," and goes back to his mound of food. Needless to say, my appetite faded and I spent the rest of the meal ducking in fear of it swooping into my hair or sucking my blood or something....


He said:
Hey, they don't call it exotic for nothing... (shrug)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Craziness! A bat in the restaurant. Way to keep on eating through it all. HAHA

Anonymous said...

Oh and a quick update from the states for you both.

The Sharks won their season opener against the Ducks 4-1.

Rob Blake had two assists, and more shockingly Cheechoo had 2 goals!

The O said...

Attaboy Josh.

I would've acted if the bat had started taking food off my plate. LUMPIA FTW.

Jules said...

I would have died!!!! Just died!

I love Josh's reaction, because I picture it in my head and it makes me laugh!