Monday, October 6, 2008

"Traveling is Swell" or "This is HELL"?


HE SAID:
Hello from Singapore Airport! We have been traveling now for about 24 hours I think. It's pretty nuts that we are here right now. The first flight to Korea was abou 12 hours then a 6 hour flight to Singapore. The flights were good, we were super excited for the first couple hours as we started discovering all amazing things that Singapore air had to offer us. After that we just got sick of the plane. I thought it was only a 12 hour flight but was sadly mistaken as we landed in Korea first. We leave for Bali in 2 hours and are looking forward to getting out of airports and on to the BEACH. Love you all and keep checking back. Oh and don't see KungFu Panda it was terrible.


SHE SAID:

You see my friends, this blog will demonstrate precisely why husbands and wives have had problems connecting since the first neanderthal grunted his ill-thought out "I do" (or 'uh duh' in caveman language). With 24 hours of nothing but a view of the pleasantries that airport travel provides I am not able to use the words my husband so willingly offers as "good" and "super excited." Which is precisely why my wonderful husband makes the ideal travel companion but not exactly the one who deserves to have his high spirits doused by a whining wife. So I turn to you, in telling you I am not just "sick of the plane" but feel I may be making a journey to what seems to be my personal Hell, filled with wheely suitcases, flimsy pillows, tiny cups of juice and soda doled out every 15 minutes from that damn rolly cart (just give me a whole soda can and be done with it!), stuffy cabins with with stale air conditioning, constant security announcements that interrupt sleep, weak coffee with non dairy creamer, benches that provide more of a permanent wedge in my spine than a comfortable slumber, and the only window to the outside is a tiny porthole no bigger than my head and a sleeping asian man blocking my view. In fact, I could almost swear our pilot annouced himself as Captain Say Tan, and reported to us that the weather in Hell is a "comfortable 103 degrees." As our evil captain further flies us to the depths of airport exhaustion, I can only hope that what lies at the end of this travel vortex is a paradise of salty ocean breeze, warm pillowy sand and refreshing spiritual renewal. Dear God, Please get me to BALI!
What do you think? Are you an easy going traveler like Josh or a whining brat like Shannon?

12 comments:

Jules said...

hahaha...Oh gosh I love this!! I want to know what kind of "super-exciting" things that Singapore Air has to offer...this sounds amazing already!

The O said...

Haha, you guys are by far my favorite couple ever.

I'm definitely like Josh. So excited to travel and explore a new place. I could be in some of the most horrendous conditions, nothing will stop me from eating or sleeping.

Ashley said...

I'm a Josh, sorry shannon. ;)

You two are just too cute! It'll be sooooo worth it once you get there.

Looking forward to reading more about your adventure!

Anonymous said...

Let me fill you in on a lovely secret my wife bestowed upon me -- you can ask for the whole can (of soda)! And I'm with my lady, more of a Josh, but generally with less typos. Everyone knows sitting in one place for more than 2 hours sucks, but if there's an awesome destination at the end of it, it's all worth it. You guys are gonna have a blast!

Anonymous said...

I'd have to say that I'm a little of both. Just give me a good book and I'm good to go. But can't stand sleeping on a plane. And by the way, just how does a plane even stay up there that long????!!!!
MIL LRR

Colby said...

ME LIKE JOSH.

Im diggin the he said/she said set up. Cute shit dudes!

Miss Crystal Renee said...

Yay! Traveling is fun! :) Haha! Love the blog, can't wait to see what happens next... Miss and love you both.

dsnowden said...

I can't believe you guys are over there! I also can't believe you are missing Knight Rider. I just saw the second episode where Mike infiltrated a drag racing gang with the and met up with his old Army buddy and they worked to stop a weapons smuggling operation. So Awesome!

Jules said...

Oh little does Dylan know that he is actually watching the 1980's version with David Hasselhoff but thinks that its current...shhhh dont tell him otherwise, it will ruin his perception of KIT

dsnowden said...

Jules, do you think I don't know that Knight Rider originally ran from September 26, 1982, to August 8, 1986? Is that what you are saying? Yes, the 2008 and 1982 version were both broadcast by NBC. But I know the difference, like how the original was actually named Michael Arthur Long and not Michael Knight (He was shot in the face and nearly killed Jules!) Why do you always challenge me on my Knight Rider knowledge?

Anonymous said...

*stands up, raises hand* "i am a whiney brat (while traveling, all other times I'm perfectly fun)"

Love the blog.

sarah marie p said...

OMG. I am on team Shannon. After flying to Paris from Cali, I said I never wanted to get on a freakin plane again! ughghg. So uncomfortable and boring! and freezing! aiiii!! I hate you planes!